When your voice isn’t cooperating, nothing else matters. Professional voice users know that there are certain things they need to do in advance of a performance.
If you are nervous for an audition or about to audition for some singing role, this article helps provide a secure way to warm up your vocal chords and prepare you for whatever singing that you may have to perform.
1. Get Hydrated and Stay Hydrated:
You’ve probably heard that singers, actors and public speakers need to keep their voice hydrated,
2. you can perform the scale warm-up (Do,Re,Mi,Fa,So,La,Ti,Do). This also helps for opera.
3. Also warm up using the vowels: A, E, I, O, U. This helps no matter what you are singing. Try to string the vowels together as if they were a train.
4. Sometimes when you’re in groups you can pick a song that ends in a harmony to practice.
5. Sing whatever song you are going to sing over again, just for practice.
Rehearsing what ever song you want to sing gives you the chance to master the note and the areas you find difficult.
Do not hit any notes you are uncomfortable with and aren’t in your range.
Do not sing constantly before your performance because that could stress your vocal chords.
Do not try this if the voice is lost it will make it won’t.