It’s no secret that everyone loves a good homemade lemonade.
Light and refreshing, this drink is a perfect way to enjoy the delicious watermelons in season. The watermelon flavour blends perfectly with the lemons, switching up the traditional lemonade into something mindblowing.
4 cups cubed watermelon
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
3 cups cold water
1. Put the watermelon into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Then strain through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the pulp.
2. To make simple syrup, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves.
3. Remove syrup from heat and cool completely.
4. Put ice cubes in a pitcher.
5. Add the syrup and watermelon juice, then stir in the lemon juice.
5. Top up with cold water, stir gently and serve immediately.
Note: This drink separates as it sits. So if you decide to serve it later, be sure to stir it up before serving.