Lemons are a natural disinfectant, and they smell so refreshing and this is why they are used in most domestic chores. The whole fruit, with its pulp, the juice, the rind and the zest, is used for cooking as well as non-culinary purposes, mostly as home remedies.
let’s take a quick look at the awesome lemon home benefits benefits here.
1. Since lemon has antimicrobial properties, lemon juice can be used as a preservative to increase the shelf life of various food items.
2. Sometimes, there are greasy spots on the stove, or on the kitchen table, or maybe the dining table and these spots are very hard to remove. This problem can be fixed by using a lemon.
3. Chopping boards are often neglected, and many bacteria may grow on them. You can use a lemon to refresh those cutting boards.
Take a lemon and cut it in half.
Rub it over the board and rinse with water.
4. Sometimes, while eating fruits, you invariably end up staining your clothes. Since lemon is a natural bleach , it can remove these stains quite easily.
Cut a lemon in half.
Rub it on the stain alongwith some baking soda and salt and wash the stain disappear.
5. Disinfecting kitchen sink
Pour some salt into your sink. Then take half of a lemon and scrub the salt into the sink. Not only does the lemon helps remove the germs, but it also removes the water spots.
When you’re done, toss the lemon into the garbage disposal to clean the blades. The fresh lemon aroma emitting from the disposal is sure to be a pleasant change to the funk that sometimes exudes from it.
6. Dab some lemon juice on a soft cloth and wipe your shoes with it. The lemon juice will make your shoes shiny and remove the dirt as well.