Alcohol is a legal substance which is taken by many people in the world. It has a great effect on the health. It makes the body week and increase the chances of injury.
People who drink heavily have a greater risk of liver disease, heart disease, sleep disorders, depression, stroke, bleeding from the stomach, sexually transmitted infections from unsafe sex, and several types of cancer. They may have problems managing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other conditions.
Trying to stop alcohol intake is like almost impossible but It is as possible as it seams impossible with the following tips.
1. Knowing your addiction triggers and avoid them when possible
2. Avoiding associates and past friends who encourage your addictive behaviours
3. Attend a residential treatment facility whilst you detox and rehabilitate
4. Attend mutual support groups
5. Improve your health by taking regular exercise and by eating well