Nigeria Proverbs offer wisdom and poetry in just one sentence. Nigeria proverbs can convey wisdom, truth, a discovery of ideas, as well as life lessons.
1. Hold a true freind with both hands.
2. If you fail to plan, you will plan to fail
3. A cockroach knows how to sing and dance, but it is the hen who prevents it from performing its art during the day.
4. Because friendship is pleasant, we partake of our friend’s entertainment; not because we have not enough to eat in our own house.
5. To do one’s duty is to eat the prized fruit of honor.
6. One doesn’t love if one doesn’t accept from others
7. The pot-lid is always badly off: the pot gets all the sweet, the lid nothing but steam.
8. You don’t need pain killers for another man’s headache.
9. When the brothers fight to the death, a stranger inherits their father’s estate.
10. The pillar of the world is hope.